|BIRTH||Thomas was born circa 1620, as based on the date of his marriage.|
|DEATH||He died in 1701; he was 81.|
|MARRIAGE||On 11 December 1639 when Thomas was 19, he married Sarah LEARNED, daughter of William LEARNED & Goodith GILMAN, "in the Bay"[1,7,13,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,20,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61]. The Reverend John LOTHROP noted that this marriage was between "My son Tho[mas] and Brother Larnett's daughter, widow Ewer"|
|CHILDREN||6.||i.||Mary LOTHROP||Please see her own page.|
||7.||ii.||Hannah LOTHROP||Hannah was born on 18 October 1642 in Barnstable, Barnstable co., MA.|
||8.||iii.||Thomas LOTHROP||Thomas was born on 7 July 1644 in Barnstable, Barnstable co., MA.|
||9.||iv.||Melatiah LOTHROP||Melathia was born on 2 November 1646 in Barnstable, Barnstable co., MA and died in 1712; he was 65. On 20 May 1667 when Melatiah was 20, he married Sarah FARRAR, in Lynn, Essex co., MA. Sarah died in 1712.|
||10.||v.||Behtiah LOTHROP||Betiah was born on 23 July 1649 in Barnstable, Barnstable co., MA.|
|GENERATION||Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great (G8) Grandfather|
1. Torrey, Charles, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.,
(Boston: New England Historic and Genealogical Society).
2. Bond, Henry, Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, (Boston: NEHGS, 1860) [Appended to the Watertown, Middlessex co., MA VRs on the CD], [Bond or Watertown], I:453.
3. New England Historic and Genealogical Register. Vols. 1+, (Boston: New England Historic and Genealogical Register, 1845+), [NEHGR], 66:357, 84:439.
4. Williams, C.B., Ancestry of Lawrence Williams, (Chicago: privately printed, 1915), [Williams (#16)], 101, 113.
5. The Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine, (Salt Lake City: Gen. Soc. of Utah, 1910), [Utah Gen. Mag.], 20:66.
6. Boyd, Cora (Dunham), . . . Ancestors and Descendants of Wilford William and Cora Dunham Boyd 1620-1928, (St. Louis, Mo., 1928), mimeographed, [Dunham-Boyd], 72.
7. Bullard, Edgar, John Bullard and Allied Families. The American Ancestors of George Newton Bullard and Mary Eli Bullard, (Detroit, Mich., 1930), [BullardAnc], 220.
8. Merritt, Douglas, Coxe, and Connected Families, (New York: T.A. Wright, 1915), [Coxe Anc. (1915)], 37.
9. The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, vols. 1+, (New York: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, 1870+), [NYGBR], 48:305.
10. [Riggs, Henry Earle-prob.], The American Ancestors of Margaret Esther Bouton Thom and John Thom, ([Ann Arbor, MI: Edwards Bros., Inc., 1944]), [ThomAncChart], 4.
11. Jacobus, Donald Lines, et al., Hale, House and Related Families, Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, (Hartford: Connecticut Historical Society, 1952), [Hale (1952)], 327.
12. Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors; Their Part in Making American History, (Boston: Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Co., ca. 1933), [RooseveltAnc], 100.
13. Flagg, Ernest, Genealogical Notes on the Founding of New England, (Hartford: Case, Lockwood & Brainard, 1926), [FlaggAnc], 277.
14. Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Jerry Crary, (New York: F.H. Hitchcock, 1924), [Crary-Dunham], 47.
15. Cary, Henry Grosvenor, Cary Family in America, (Boston: privately printed, 1907), [Cary Anc.], 77.
16. Farwell, John Dennis, Jane Harter Abbott, and Lillian M. Wilson, The Farwell Family, A History of Henry Farwell and His Wife Olive (Welby) Farwell of Boston, England, and of Concord and Chelmsford, Mass., 1605 to 1927, with Twelve Generations of Their Descendants; Also Many Lineages of Allied Families, 2 vols., (Rutland, Vt.: F.H. Farwell, 1929), [Farwell(1929)], 543.
17. Otis, Amos, Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families. . . , 2 vols., (Barnstable, Mass.: F.B. & F.P. Goss, 1888-90), [Barnstable Fam.], 2:162.
18. Clapp, Ebenezer, The Clapp Memorial, (Boston: David Clapp & Son, 1876), [Clapp], 52.
19. Avery, Samuel Putnam, The Warren, Little, Lothrop, Park, Dix, Whitman, Fairchild, Platt, Wheeler, Lane and Avery Pedigrees of Samuel Putnam Avery, 1847 to 1920, ([New York]: N.Y. Gen. and Bio. Society, 1925), [Avery Anc. (1925)], 56.
20. Boardman, William F. J., The Ancestry of William Francis Joseph Boardman, (Hartford, Conn, 1906), [Boardman Anc.], 287.
21. [Crocker, Uriel Haskell], Memorial of Uriel Crocker, ([Boston, 1891]), [Crocker], 59.
22. Starr, Frank Farnsworth, Various Ancestral Lines of James Goodwin and Lucy (Morgan) Goodwin of Hartford, Conn., 2 vol., (Hartford, Conn.: [Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor], 1915), [Goodwin-Morgan], 1:273.
23. [Brainerd, Dwight],, Ancestry of Thomas Chalmers Brainerd, (Montreal, 1948), [Brainerd Anc.], 166.
24. Blish, James Knox, Genealogy of the Blish Family in America, (n.p.: [H. L. Throop], 1905), [Blish], 323.
25. [Avery Anc. (1925)], 61.
26. [Blish], 232.
27. Jacobus, Donald Lines, The Granberry Family and Allied Families, (Hartford, Conn.: E. F. Waterman, 1945), [Granberry], 210.
28. [Brainerd Anc.], 198.
29. The Mayflower Descendant, vols. 1-34, Bowman, George Ernest, ed., (Boston: Mayflower Society, 1899-1937), [MD], 6:238.
30. [NEHGR], 2:195, 5:260, 56:184.
31. [Barnstable Fam.].
32. [Goodwin-Morgan], 1:275.
33. [FlaggAnc], 278.
34. Briggs, Mary Balch, We and Our Kinsfolk. Ephraim and Rebekah Waterman Briggs, their Descendants and Ancestors. With a few Collateral Branches, (Boston: Beacon Press, 1887), [BriggsAnc], 124.
35. [Clapp], 47.
36. Andrews, Henry Franklin, The Hamlin Family: (1639 to 1902) A Genealogy of James Hamlin of Barnstable, Mass., Eldest Som of James Hamlin, the Immigrant, Who Came from London, England, and Settled in Barnstable, 1639, 2 vols., (Exira, Iowa: privately printed, 1902), [Hamlin], 105-6.
37. Hammond, Frederick Stan, History and Genealogies of the Hammond Families in America, with an Account of the Early History of the Family in Normandy and Great Britain, 2 vols., (Oneida, N.Y.: Ryan & Buckhart, 1902), [Hammond], 1:54.
38. [NEHGR], 2:195.
39. Wyman, Thomas Bellows, The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown, 2 vols., (Boston: D. Clapp and Son, 1879), [Charlestown], II:605.
40. [Brainerd Anc.], 200.
41. [ThomAncChart], 183.
42. Warner, Frederick Chester, The Ancestry of Samuel Freda and John Warner, 5 vols., (Boston, Mass.: 1949, 1955), typescript, [Warner-Harrington], 218.
43. [MD], 6:236.
44. [NEHGR], 2:195, 9:286.
45. [Utah Gen. Mag.], 20:67.
46. [Avery Anc. (1925)], 71.
47. [Dunham-Boyd], 77.
48. Clarke, Mary (Bosworth), Bosworth Genealogy; a History of the Descendants of Edward Bosworth who arrived in America in the Year 1634; with an Appendix containing other Lines of American Bosworths, (San Francisco, 1926), [Bosworth], 400.
49. [Charlestown], I:338-9; II:605, 611.
50. [Goodwin-Morgan], 1:279.
51. ([Boston, 1891]), [Crocker], 58.
52. Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Rogers Winthrop and His Wife Alice Woodward Babcock, ([New York?], 1927), [Winthrop-Babcock], 313, 337-8.
53. Anderson, Mary Audentia, Ancestry and Posterity of Joseph Smith and Emma Hale, (Independence, Mo.: Herald Publishing House, 1929), [Smith-Hale], 250.
54. [Williams (#16)], 313.
55. Hazen, Henry Allen, History of Billerica, Mass., with a Genealogical Register, (Boston: A. Williams & Co., 1883), [Billerica Hist.], 139.
56. [Hamlin], 106.
57. [Farwell(1929)], 540.
58. Crocker, Henry G., Nathaniel Crocker, 1758-1855, His Descendants and Ancestors of the Names of Allen, Blood, Bragg, Brewster, Bursley, Chase, Davis, Fairbanks, . . . and Others, Together with Genealogies of Many of Their Connections., (Concord, N.H.: The Rumford Press, 1923), [Crocker (1923)], 58.
59. Hawes, Frank Mortimer, Foster Record: an Account of Thomas Foster of Billerica, Mass., and Some of His Descendants, with Appendices Relating to Inter-Marriages, Chillingsworth, Freeman, Winslow, Lewis and King, (Somerville, Mass.: Fred E. Bradford, 1889), [Foster Anc.], 87.
60. Anderson, Robert Charles, George F. Sanborn, Jr. and Melinde Lutz Sanborn, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635., (New England Historic Genealogical Society), [GreatMig1634-1635], II:480.
61. [NEHGR], 9:286.
62. Scituate, Plymouth co., MA Vital Records, [ScituateVR], p. 240.
63. [GreatMig1634-1635], II:591.
64. Backus, Mary Elizabeth (Neilson), The New England Ancestry of Dana Converse Backus, ([Salem, Mass.: privately printed, 1949]), [Backus Anc.], 83.
65. [NEHGR], 44:367; 66:179; 86:348.
66. Dillon, Arthur Orison, The Ancestors of Arthur Orison Dillon, (The Author, 1927), [DillonAnc], 24.
67. Huntington, Rev. E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family, (Ridgefield Conn.: privately printed, 1884), [Lathrop].
68. Van Wagenen, Avis (Stearns), Genealogy and Memoirs of Charles and Nathaniel Stearns, (Syracuse, N.Y.: Courier Printing Co., 1901), vol. 2, [Stearns (#1)], 1:25.
69. Billerica, Middlesex co., MA Vital Records, [BillVR], 259.
70. Baldwin, Charles Candee, The Baldwin Genealogy From 1500 to 1881, (Cleveland, Ohio: [The Leader Printing Company], 1881), [Baldwin], 689.
71. Holman, Mary Lovering, The Scott Genealogy, (Boston, MA: 1919), [Scott (1919)], 195.
72. French, John M., Lieut. William French & His Descendants, New England Historic & Genealogical Register, [FrenchFrench], 44(1890):367-72.
||Return to the Lothrop Index page.||
|Return to the Family Index page.||
||Return to the Surname Index page.|
||Return to the Maddison Side Tree page.||
all the content on this page is copyrighted ©1992-2002 by Kristin C. Hall.
SPECIAL THANKS TO kattyb.com for the nifty background! Check our her sites, they are terrific!
please drop me a line, if you wish to use it or link to it.
SPECIAL THANKS TO kattyb.com for the nifty background! Check our her sites, they are terrific!