|BIRTH||Benjamin was born circa 1672.|
|DEATH||He died before 6 March 1734, when his will was administered; he was 52.|
|THE MANY RESIDENCES OF BENJAMIN GEARY||Benjamin first lived near his father on the Reading line. He later moved to Farm Hill in Charlestown End (now Stoneham), Middlesex co., MA. Wyman says that he lived in Lynn, Essex co., MA. In Charlestown, Suffolk co., MA, he bought 13 acres of land from Joseph Phipps in 1700. This deed was recorded in 1713/14. At that time, he sold the same property to Thomas Poole. That deed wasn't recorded until 1733. He also bought 20 acres of land in Charlestown from his father in 1708/9. Supposedly, he also acquired land in Reading & Stoneham, both in Middlesex co., MA.|
|ESTATE||Benjamin's will was administered on 6 March 1734, with his son Thomas named as the sole heir and administrator. [Essex Probate]|
|MARRIAGE||On 15 May 1693 when Benjamin was 21, he married Abigail GOULD, daughter of John2 GOULD & Abigail BELCHER, in Charlestown, Suffolk co., MA[1,16,17,18]. Their Torrey entry reads: "Garey/Gerry?, Benjamin, Lynn & Abigail Goold". Meanwhile, Wyman calls him "Benjamin Gary" They were married by the Reverend Charles Martin/Morton, clerk.|
|CHILDREN||12.||i.||James GEARY||James married Sarah [surname not known].|
||13.||ii.||John GEARY||John married Elizabeth WYMAN.|
||14.||iii.||Benjamin GEARY||Benjamin was born on 8 March 1694/5 in Charlestown, Suffolk co., MA and married Elizabeth DAMON.|
||20.||iv.||Abigail GEARY||Please see her own page.|
||16.||v.||Thomas GEARY||Thomas was born on 20 October 1700 in Reading, Middlesex co., MA as "Geary, Thomas" and married Abigail WYMAN/VINTON.|
|GENERATION||Great-great-great-great-great-great-great (G7) Grandfather|
1. Torrey, Charles, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.,
(Boston: New England Historic and Genealogical Society).
2. Wenham, Essex co., MA Vital Records, [WenhamVR], 200 [Ct. R.].
3. Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts, 1636-1686, 9 volumes., (Salem 1911-1975), [EQC], 7:158.
4. The Probate Records of Essex County, [EssexProb or EPR], II:324.
5. Ibid. II:116.
6. Ibid. II:118 [Essex County Probate Files, Docket 12,051].
7. Ibid. II:123 [Essex County Probate Files, Docket 11,320].
8. Perley, Sidney, The History of Salem, Massachusetts, 3 vols., (Salem: Sidney Perley, 1924), [Salem], 1:450; 2:75.
9. Bridges, Samuel Willard, Bridges Genealogy including Britton, DeNike, ([Boston: George H. Ellis & Co. 1960]), [BridgesAnc], 41.
10. Wenham Church Records, original book, SL/WEN/1, [Wenham Ch. Rec.].
11. Emery, William Morrell, The Families of Perkins, Fairfield and Kinq, (S.F.: Murdock, 1907), [Perkins (#6)], 3.
12. Wyman, Thomas Bellows, The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown, 2 vols., (Boston: D. Clapp and Son, 1879), [Charlestown], 402.
13. Middlesex County Court Records, [MCCR or MCR].
14. Salem, Essex co., MA Vital Records, [SalemVR], I:348 [C.R. 1].
15. [WenhamVR], 123 [Ct. R.].
16. [Charlestown], 402, 426.
17. [MCCR or MCR], 1:188.
18. Charlestown Vital Records, [ChVR], 31.
19. [Charlestown], 426.
20. Reading, Middlesex co., MA Vital Records, [ReadingVR], 109.
21. New England Historic and Genealogical Register. Vols. 1+, (Boston: New England Historic and Genealogical Society, 1845+), [NEHGR or Reg.], 29:72 "The Record Book of First Church of Charlestown".
22. [WenhamVR], 39.
23. [ReadingVR], 348.
24. ????, Genealogical History of the Town of Reading, ????, [ReadGen], 93.
25. [Charlestown], I:507.
26. [ReadingVR], 368, 349.
28. Concord, Middlesex co., MA Vital Records, [ConcordVR], 432.
29. [ReadingVR], 105.
||Return to the Geary Index page.||
|Return to the Family Index page.||
||Return to the Surname Index page.|
||Return to the Maddison Side Tree page.||